Keep yourself, your family and your car safe on the road. Book a FREE 15-point safety check at your local AutoCare centre.
Winter or summer, new car or used car – safety problems can arise with little warning.
So whether you’ve just bought a used vehicle or you’ve heard a worrying sound coming from the engine when driving, let our trained technicians put your mind at rest.
Our comprehensive vehicle safety check covers lights, brakes, wheel bearings, tyre pressure and other crucial safety points. See our 15-point car safety checklist below for full details.
Our expert technicians look at 15 safety points to keep you protected on the road. Here’s the full safety checklist:
- Are horns and lights working correctly?
- Are brake drums, discs and pads corroded, scored or distorted?
- Are the brake hydraulic system, hoses and pipes free of corrosion, chafing and leaks?
- Do the wheel calipers/cylinders work properly? Are they leaking?
- Does the brake servo work correctly?
- Is the ABS warning light displaying?
- Are handbrake linkages in good condition?
- Do wheel bearings need replacing?
- Are tyres in good condition? Is the pressure correct?
- Have shock absorbers weakened?
- Are there signs of wear, leaks or corrosion on the steering and suspension components?
- Do the gearbox and clutch work correctly?
- Are pop shaft/drive shaft gaiters and joints secured?
- Is the exhaust system secure and leak-free? Is it making a noise?
Our car safety check is totally free. Our technicians may recommend repairs based on their findings, but they’ll NEVER carry out work or charge extra without asking you upfront.
The time it takes to carry out a safety inspection depends on your car and its condition. Please allow up to an hour.